Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Bst Adventures lvl 40-42

I know there's a gap in my journal going from 37 to 40 but I honestly don't remember when or how I gained those levels so lets pretend they never happened.

Level 40-41

Kyss the Bst has returned! Starting fresh at level 40 I've ditched the taru RSE and I'm sporting a whole new set of armor and a nice new AF axe (first AF weapon I've actually used seriously). Now an interesting thing happened today, I changed to Bst and within a few minutes of being a bst/whm I get an invite for a party.. no flag up or anything. Most people would never consider a non-LFP Bst for a party, hell many wouldn't invite us with our flag up either =p. Turns out the invite came from another Bst around my level who knew how nice they were in parties. So our party went to Gustav and I gained 2 levels that party, not much more to say about that.

Level 42

Okay I'm back to the solo life now, no random fortunate party invites today. But that's fine because I was looking forward to being on my own again. Now I have over 6 zones to choose from that have viable camps such as SSG, Crawler's Nest, west/east altep, yhoator, and zitah and every one of them seemed appealing. Now my previous camps have always been in remote locations where people barely ever go (like the islands in bibiki, random parts of SSG), however this time I thought I'd go to higher traffic location.

I chose crawler's nest, and I'm glad I did, this camp completely got me back into Bst. The camp was the first ballroom, which is a popular lvl 36-38 party spot so I got to see some familiar faces like vamp and doc which was fun as I was leveling. The Surprising thing about this camp is that I didn't die once, and it's a lot riskier than a lot of camps I've been to. The main strategy was charm the many even match (at 42) lizards in the room and use them against the crawlers, sharing with the xp pts.

Now a small cramped room full of lizards.. that link by sound.. means one mischarm and I have a nice train of lizards after me. And this happened at least a few times during my stay here. Now I said I didn't die, but that doesn't mean I didn't come close to dying several times, I always seemed to do the right thing at the last possible moment. Is it skill? My Bst instincts? Pure luck? The Bst gods easing me back into the job perhaps? Well whatever it was, it was damn exciting! I had so much fun at this camp, even the bad situations that I somehow always managed to live on got my heart racing and made this an awesome xp session.

Me in a piece of armor I never thought I'd see myself in.

I mentioned the lizards linking on mischarms being one downside to the camp, the other is obviously the ongoing xp pts coming in and out, as well as people who just wanna kill your lizard pets for farming or the hell of it. While the majority of the time when I was soloing there was only 1 pt and plenty of crawlers for the both of us, by the time I had hit 43 there were 3 pts and not enough crawlers for anyone. Some of the upsides to the camp are that lizards kickass versus crawlers. Crawlers are soft squishy creatures and lizards make very effective pets against them, they also intimidate them as do I when I have hate. All of the crawlers offensive TP moves are frontal AoE which means as long as I stood behind the crawler and didn't have hate I never had to endure a poison or a slow attack. As for the lizard TP move, mostly bland but petrification sometimes would keep the crawler immobile for half the battle which was nice.

Overall it was a fun time and I was able to hit 43, I look forward to doing more with this great job.

No comments: