Friday, December 22, 2006

Path to Diabolos Part 1

I know its been awhile since I've given a post on CoP but after my Phomiuna Aqueducts (2-3) run nearly a month ago I pretty much put CoP on hold aside from a few other CoP 2-3 runs I've done with the LS.

Tuesday was no different. Started with yet another Phomiuna Aqueducts run for vamp who has her heart set on getting Diabolos as a summon. At this point that run is fairly routine for me, but after that we decided to go around and do the next fight in the series, Riverne Site A.

Killing in Hippogryph in Riverne.

I've yet to see a CoP zone that failed to impress me, Rivern site is no exception. A very unique and great looking zone. For this run we had Vit, Vamp, Elov, Roc, Krile, and myself so we figured we'd do the nin nin nin whm whm whm setup where each nin took a mammet backed up by their own whm. Elov was only a 39 nin and krile had ok gear for his whm but aside from those, we were in good shape with jobs.

All 3 nins wanted me as their whm so they all /random'd for me, the gimp nin Elov happened to win (he later admitted this was the first time he tanked a monster with no other ninjas to help post-37). Krile got assigned to vamp (and she lived!) and roc went to vit. This bcnm40 fight was so much fun we all had a blast. True it was serious and we had to concentrate but there was a lot of pt chat going on and you could tell everyone was having a good time. We didn't bring any yellow liquid that I heard really helps helps (the mammets can change job at any point, the liquid prevents that) but we ran into little problems. The blm forms gave us a run for our money but there were no deaths and we succeeded in the mission.

CoP 2-3 Fight

After that roc and krile left us but vamp, vit, elov, and I decided to continue on. After a few more awesome cutscenes we went to do road forks 3-3 which is a lengthy side mission in which you need to kill 2 popped NMs in Carpenter's Landing and Attohwa Chasm. Also included in this mission is a hilarious side story about the 3 tarutaru with the uniquely colored hair trying to find their father in Windurst that made this mission worth it alone. The NMs were easy for what we had, any one of us there could've solo'd both of them with relative ease. However the main highlight of this mission was after you killed the NM in Attohwa Chasm, you had 1 hour to climb to the top of a mountain in the zone. This is a cleverly designed mountain that requires careful navigation around ledges, over bridges, down drops, it was a very fun and exciting climb (though I don't recommend doing this at 5am) and if you don't make it in time or fall you can start over without having to kill the NM again (like I did.. 3 times).

Mountain climbing in Attohwa

Well more on Vamp's Path to Diabolos later.

No comments: