Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Blackhook and Silverbeard

I really hate Blackbeard and Silverhook, they're perhaps the most annoying 21-24 hour NM spawns in the game. These two NMs each have their own 21-24 hour timers, however that really means nothing because when the window of one NM is open, there's a chance that EITHER NM will spawn on the next pirate attack of either one of the ships. So really, in one 24-hour period it's possible to see 2 blackbeards or 2 silverhooks instead of one of each. It's impossible to camp both spawns too, while you're on the boat from Mhaura to Selbina, the boat from Selbina to Mhaura is also going at the same time, and even if you use teleports and catch every single boat that goes from Mhaura to Selbina, there's still a chance you'll never see Blackbeard because Silverhook could've spawned in Blackbeard's window! argh!

Me attempting to solo Blackbeard

I've only seen Blackbeard once, which was the very first time I decided to camp him. That's whats been driving me crazy, I've yet to see him again and due to the way the windows work, there's a big factor of random luck involved. It's pretty easy to tell if pirates are coming right when you zone in. If the chatlog appears above the black screen for several seconds when you zone in and the doors are immediately targetable you know the pirate instance is loading. I've now made several attempts at trying for this NM with various LS members, the latest being half an alliance, and I've never seen Blackbeard a second time... even right after a maintenance when both windows are open...

Blackbeard camping with the LS

Yes... I really do hate Blackbeard and Silverhook... and the damn nice whm clubs they drop. But I haven't given up yet. I will admit, I'm Seriously Madaru!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll get that bastard. *shakes fist*

Anonymous said...

That was a fun time :)

Until sea horror popped >_>