Tuesday, November 21, 2006

5-1 The Moogle Army Way

Last night as I was avoiding writing an argumentative synthesis paper as long as I possibly could I was up late finishing a round of helping people out. I can't remember everything I did but sometime after helping a LS member, Bugman, camp the bomb king in horotuto I went over to help Vitrolant farm his last Bomb Queen pop item, the Bomb Queen Core along with Xenojin, Doctordub, and later Jeangallo. Later on after that Jean and I went over to Waughroon Shrine to help Ronhiroishi complete his samurai AF3 quest joined by Vampslayer, Xeno, and Seyunkaduka. After this busy day it was around 2am and I had thought we were done with everything everyone could possibly want to do, but then Mercades, Aricelia, and Komieheto wanted to do their misison 5-1 bcnm in Fei'Yin.. orz

Now I had told merc I would help him through all the missions that require it and I wasn't about to go back on my word, I was just so damn tired. I didn't remember this bcnm at all, I remembered monks were good for it and there was a skeleton.. or two.. but that was about it. Well by the time this fight was assembled we didn't have any monks, hell we didn't even have any job that could tank. Our setup was drk/war, drg/blu, blm, rdm, whm, whm - my first thought after hearing this: we're so gonna fail.

Preparing to enter the match

Ok well we all got to the bcnm and decided Ari should tank as drk seeing as how she was the only one in the group with provoke and arguably the most successful chance at tanking. Nextly I noticed komie was wearing his whm AF and said he didn't bring any 50 cap gear... things are looking better! When we get into the BCNM we have no real plan except that ari tanks and that we all focus on the main NM, we kind of forgot about the 12 or so other skeletons that accompany the NM running around whacking away at you.

Look at that kickass drk tank!

By this time it was close to 3am and I was half asleep so I don't remember much details of the fight. But we really had no plan of what to do with the links, only kat decided to sleep them with his blue mage skill sheep song which would've worked, had they not been awaken by multiple AoE attacks. Ari, Kat (drg), and Jean remained focused on the NM while komie and I kept them alive while dodging links and merc ended up kiting the links for as long as he could since he had all the hate and lasted for the majority of the battle. Eventually we ran out of mp, the links caught up to the kiting blm merc, ari died, followed shortly by the backup drg tank kat, so it was just us whms and jean left.

During the fight, Merc kiting the adds.

The NM still had a good 20% or so left by the time every DD died so jean and I took out our club and sword and began whacking away at the NM. Two benedictions and a few cyclones and seraph strikes later.. amazingly the NM died and we won. That was the craziest 5-1 run I did, the setup was so.. awesomely bad. It was seriously madaru.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was pretty exciting =P

Anonymous said...

kyss i love your stories keep em coming