Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Honesty

I know many have noticed I haven't been on and as you've probably guessed, school is back in session. Now between the 20 hours a week I'm in class and the 30 hours I'm working (need all the gilz I can get), I really haven't had much time for FFXI. Not even just to level BST like I had originally intended when school started, not yet anyway. I suppose in a way it's a good thing, I do actually have my priorities right this time around, putting aside the addiction so I can focus on school. However I do plan on spending some time in Vana'diel, once I get a more solid schedule and get back into the rotation, I'll be able to better manage my time.

Anyway, that's just a quick update about what I'm doing currently, but that isn't why I'm writing this post. I've wanted to say this for a long long time now, but never really found the right time or the right way. I know there'd be mixed emotions, possibly some upset, some not caring, probably a lot of questions. So I figure why not write everything in one long and messy post and get everything out in the open, with answers to all the common questions and all.

The truth:

Nikki, the person who plays Kyssandra, doesn't exist. My name isn't Nikki, I'm not a girl.


If that's all you wanted to know, you can stop reading here, for those who are interested, keep going.


History Lesson:

My first [graphical] mmorpg was Everquest Online Adventures for ps2. I knew very little about RPGs at that time, I did understand the concept of role playing though, assuming the character of the hero, saving the world, etc. I remember a npc guild leader (no relevance to my current status I assure you) on a MUD named DragonRealms, she was powerful and very wise if I recall correctly (again no relevance to my current status.. of course). I figured I'd design my character after her, she was a druid, master of the wilderness, now in all the time playing EQOA, as I went on to make great friends and run a very successful guild, it never really occurred to me that people thought I was really a girl. When I finally did realize that minor little detail, I was alittle too into the role to back out, didn't want to ruin any friendships over this. As the guild began to break up and we all made the move to FFXI, among them Cyaan, Famanor, Truce, and Thallis, I kept the same name and same identity as we began to start anew in the world of Vana'diel.

Why did you do it?

As I said in the history lesson, I just got into the role and it was pretty fun. There didn't seem much harm in it at the time, and I hope that continues.

Why tell now?

No particular reason really, it did get a little annoying not having a real picture or not being able to participate in voice chat and having to lie on many occasions due to things like that. But some people already did know, and more people found out that branched out from telling those people so I figure why not get it out in the open.

---

I still don't know how everyone's going to react, but I'm sorry if anyone was hurt in this lie (cause you know.. that'd be kind of sad). Just to let you know that's about the only lie I've told (that's probably a lie). I really am in school for pharmacy, second year now, I do work at walgreens, I do love FFXI, and our awesome LS we have. And yes I can be a dick (bitcharu?) when I want to be.

13 comments:

Aricelia said...

i knew those feeling i had for you were natural!

i still <3 you no matter what :)

Larien said...

i always kinda wondered why i got along with you, since i don't get along with any other girl in the game

you are still super hott to me noq uit school and come back to your ls!

Katsumoto said...

welcome to the internet, regardless of your gender you'll always be a bitcharu

Coldwind said...

As you know someone told me you were a guy a while ago, and it didnt shocked me as much, as long as you continue to be a bitcharu I'm cool because that is why we <3 ya!

Anonymous said...

youre our leader ^^ not matter what we lessthanthree joo. and anyone who says otherwise gets stab in the eye with a rusty nail :D

Unknown said...

CHICK WITH A DICK :D :D :D
Always had a feeling you had a panis *wink*
Still <3 you no matter what <3 <3

Hyourin said...

oh thats silly talk. that doesn't bother me or change anything at all.

you are who you are. gender a-side.

/hi5 kyss

Anonymous said...

Heh, I always figured.

I believe I also said it a few times in LS chat, but no one believed me.

D:

Yes, I do keep up with what goes on in the LS, because you guys are teh awesome. Kyss (another reason why I never called you Nikki) you've got a great personality and you're one cool guy. Keep on being you, but I hope the majority of the LS feels that way. A few times there, the fact that you 'had a vagina' really is what kept some people interested in the LS.

So, good luck all.

(Wow, Smik ... wow.)

Kyssandra said...

Thanks all for the support, means a lot to me.

And damn Truce! Had no idea you were still aware of our existence, never thought I'd see your name again. It's really awesome hearing from you, keep in touch more often, maybe even pay us a visit if you still have FFXI.. or I can come to WoW :)

So far I haven't gotten any negative feedback from the announcement, even ky still likes me so it's all good. That says a lot about all of you.

And lmao smik.. I can explain about that one.. if we ever talk again.

Anonymous said...

Wow, It's disturbing how much I REALLY want to hear about Smik.

ThomasofEarl is my AIM.
Catch me some time.

Omael said...

I assume anyone playing a female role on the internet is a guy or a tranny, so I can't say I'm all that surprised.

Jeangallo said...

Who wrote these interview questions? There horrible...

Dbaywolf said...

truce you read my mind befor i even scrolled down to you saying the name smik

btw being away for so long and comeing back to the forms to learn some things doent shock me at all in face it just makes me smile a bit. Boy or girl kyss, you and your ls members ive met left some kind of impact on me, i dont know what it was but its there.